Wellmark inks ACO deal with Genesis Health System
Genesis Health System announced Tuesday that it has signed a contract with Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield to set up an accountable-care organization. Wellmark announced in April that it had signed similar contracts with Iowa Health System and Mercy Medical Center-Des Moines. The idea is gaining steam nationally, largely because of incentives from the federal health reform law. University Hospitals in Iowa City and Mercy Medical Center-Cedar Rapids, which are working together to form such an organization, signed on with Medicare. A Genesis spokesman said his system hopes to sign a similar contract with Medicare in the next few weeks.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers