Nonprofit hospital CEO earned $616K in 2010
After receiving a big raise in 2009—about 18 percent—Christus St. Vincent Regional Medical Center's chief executive officer, Alex Valdez, saw only an incremental increase in his pay in 2010, according to tax documents recently filed by the Santa Fe general hospital. According to the hospital's tax return for the 2010 fiscal year, Valdez's annual salary rose only by about $1,000 a year to $616,000 for the fiscal year that ended in June 2011. But he remains one of the area's best-paid executives.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care