Nonprofit hospital CEO earned $616K in 2010
After receiving a big raise in 2009—about 18 percent—Christus St. Vincent Regional Medical Center's chief executive officer, Alex Valdez, saw only an incremental increase in his pay in 2010, according to tax documents recently filed by the Santa Fe general hospital. According to the hospital's tax return for the 2010 fiscal year, Valdez's annual salary rose only by about $1,000 a year to $616,000 for the fiscal year that ended in June 2011. But he remains one of the area's best-paid executives.
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction
- Use of Locum Tenens Up 22% in One Year
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay