Nonprofit hospital CEO earned $616K in 2010
After receiving a big raise in 2009—about 18 percent—Christus St. Vincent Regional Medical Center's chief executive officer, Alex Valdez, saw only an incremental increase in his pay in 2010, according to tax documents recently filed by the Santa Fe general hospital. According to the hospital's tax return for the 2010 fiscal year, Valdez's annual salary rose only by about $1,000 a year to $616,000 for the fiscal year that ended in June 2011. But he remains one of the area's best-paid executives.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'