Layoffs hit Saint Mary’s Regional Medical Center in Reno
Layoff notices were being handed out to Saint Mary’s Regional Medical Center employees as the sale completion of the Reno nonprofit hospital nears June 30, a union head said Wednesday. California Nurses Association director Jill Furillo, whose union represents the nurses at Saint Mary’s, said Wednesday that some people have received notices that they will not be offered a job. One person was given a 14-day notice of layoff but then was escorted off the property, she said.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Cleveland Clinic Partners with North Shore-LIJ for Heart Care