Opinion: Berwick on how 'Obamacare' has put nation on right track
"Obamacare" is helping our nation achieve healthcare that is excellent, accessible to all and affordable. In the 17 months that I led the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), I saw how this law is helping tens of millions of families and is finally putting our healthcare system on the right track. Samuelson is right to be concerned about healthcare costs. We've been on an unsustainable path for decades. But while he offers no remedy beyond the broken status quo, the president's reform helps us make healthcare sustainable the right way: by improving it, not cutting it.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- These Algorithms Reduce Readmissions
- Payer Calls for More Primary Care Docs, Team Care