Opinion: Berwick on how 'Obamacare' has put nation on right track
"Obamacare" is helping our nation achieve healthcare that is excellent, accessible to all and affordable. In the 17 months that I led the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), I saw how this law is helping tens of millions of families and is finally putting our healthcare system on the right track. Samuelson is right to be concerned about healthcare costs. We've been on an unsustainable path for decades. But while he offers no remedy beyond the broken status quo, the president's reform helps us make healthcare sustainable the right way: by improving it, not cutting it.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US