Opinion: Berwick on how 'Obamacare' has put nation on right track
"Obamacare" is helping our nation achieve healthcare that is excellent, accessible to all and affordable. In the 17 months that I led the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), I saw how this law is helping tens of millions of families and is finally putting our healthcare system on the right track. Samuelson is right to be concerned about healthcare costs. We've been on an unsustainable path for decades. But while he offers no remedy beyond the broken status quo, the president's reform helps us make healthcare sustainable the right way: by improving it, not cutting it.
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Hospitals and doctors fail patients by passing the buck on insurance rules
- A new way insurers are shifting costs to the sick
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?