Hospital Leaders Ponder Impact of Political Uncertainty
What will be the impact on hospitals now that the U.S. Supreme Court has upheld the constitutionality of most of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act?
Will the Republicans' July 11 threat to repeal the law—unlikely as it may seem—hold back providers' plans to implement pieces of the law? Should organizations wait to see if the party's nominee, Mitt Romney, pushes out President Obama in November? And if Romney is president, should they be prepared for several more seasons of debates and new versions of more bills?
HealthLeaders Media Breakthroughs
Strategic Solutions for the Readmissions Challenge
Successfully preventing readmissions requires many players to fill the gaps in the care continuum. In this HealthLeaders Media Breakthroughs report, we examine how four leading health systems—Griffin Hospital, Parkview Health, Sarasota Memorial HealthCare System, and UPMC Hamot—are moving the needle.
There is still uncertainty around healthcare reform, leaving hospital leaders to apply Hamlet's torturous contemplation: To be, or not to be?
It kind of depends on who's answering the question.
Many C-suite executives issued statements in the days straddling the decision saying that they expect the Supreme Court's decision, along with the political theater expected in the next four months, to have little to no effect on their operations because, they say, their hospitals were already marching to the beat of inevitable system change.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- Two NY hospitals to offer free hip and knee replacement surgeries for qualifying patients in December
- Hospital mergers may lead to higher prices
- Healthcare data of 1 million NJ patients compromised since 2009
- CEO Exchange: Pressure is On to Partner, Drive Quality