Dignity Health buying U.S. HealthWorks
San Francisco-based Dignity Health, formerly Catholic Healthcare West, said Monday it will acquire U.S. HealthWorks, which bills itself as the largest independent operator of occupational medicine and urgent care centers in the United States. U.S. HealthWorks's top executive is Daniel Crowley, who was chairman of Rancho Cordova-based Foundation Health Corp. before it merged with Health Systems International in 1997. Crowley remains based in Sacramento. During Crowley's tenure, Foundation was Sacramento's largest company, employing nearly 3,000 in the area.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US