CalPERS $7B potential health insurance bunker buster
In the first part of the Health Insurance's $4.4 Billion Bunker Buster two-part series, I highlighted how the Medical Loss Ratio and Direct Primary Care facets of Obamacare would have far-reaching impacts beyond what most commentators have observed. Now comes the news that CalPERS considers scrapping health plans to lower its medical tab from the latimes.com. As the third largest purchaser of health insurance in the country, they are a bellwether. Even with their buying power, CalPERS is seeing their rates increase nearly three times the rate of medical inflation and are looking for new ideas.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care