CalPERS $7B potential health insurance bunker buster
In the first part of the Health Insurance's $4.4 Billion Bunker Buster two-part series, I highlighted how the Medical Loss Ratio and Direct Primary Care facets of Obamacare would have far-reaching impacts beyond what most commentators have observed. Now comes the news that CalPERS considers scrapping health plans to lower its medical tab from the latimes.com. As the third largest purchaser of health insurance in the country, they are a bellwether. Even with their buying power, CalPERS is seeing their rates increase nearly three times the rate of medical inflation and are looking for new ideas.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'