Blue Cross responds to Steward's attacks
Boston-based for-profit hospital network Steward Health Care, in partnership with Landmark Medical Center, the hospital in receivership Steward is seeking to acquire, and United Nurses & Allied Professionals, the union representing workers at Landmark, have sought to pin the blame on the state’s largest health insurer for Landmark’s financial woes. After enduring two weeks of attacks in what he termed a "distasteful," "fear-mongering" and "mud-slinging" media campaign, Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island President and CEO Peter Andruszkiewicz visited Providence Business News on July 31 to respond and present the health insurer's point of view.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion