Open-door healthcare in Charlotte
C.W. Williams Community Health Center has been serving the Charlotte area for more than 30 years. Between its locations on Wilkinson and East Boulevard, the center offers everything from primary care to sports physicals, pediatric services to women's health and more. It also treats the homeless, and new services are in the works. This federally funded health center in Mecklenburg County is an important link in the local health care chain. By improving access to primary and preventive care for low-income people, the center can keep them from going to expensive emergency rooms and take care of small problems before they become big.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application
- Providers Ask HHS to Address EHR Interoperability Barriers