Dignity Health working to link independent physicians to health information exchange
Dignity Health is partnering with the Arizona State Physicians Association (ASPA) to provide independent physicians access to a health information exchange through an accountable care organization. The information exchange, called Phoenix Connected Community, will connect users with the MobileMD protected information transfer mechanism used by Dignity Health and other physicians. The goal is to reduce costs, improve patient care and meet Affordable Care Act requirements. Dignity Health is applying to create an affordable care organization jointly with Vanguard Health Systems.
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians