ME hospitals dueling in wake of merger proposal
Central Maine Healthcare has filed a letter of intent with the state to take a controlling stake in Brunswick’s Parkview Adventist Medical Center, which prompted neighboring Mid Coast Hospital to file a competing proposal that would essential absorb Parkview, according to documents filed with the Department of Health and Human Services’ Division of Licensing and Regulatory Services.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts