Backus to join Hartford HealthCare System, expand services
Hartford HealthCare and Backus Healthcare System have agreed to affiliate, it was announced Friday, growing the size of the Hartford health system and expanding health offerings in eastern Connecticut. The agreement, which is subject to approval by state and federal regulators, outlines how the affiliation would work as Backus becomes a part of Hartford HealthCare. The approval-seeking process is expected to take several months. It calls for the creation of an eastern health region for Hartford HealthCare—which would include New London and Windham counties—with the Backus Health System as the region's central care center.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal