Northwestern hospital confirms 230 layoffs
Northwestern Memorial Hospital confirmed Wednesday that it has laid off 230 employees over the last month as part of an effort to reduce its cost structure by a quarter by 2017. The Streeterville health system, which has about 7,000 employees, said in a statement that 52 of those who lost their positions have found new jobs, most at the hospital. It said several others are being considered for roughly 200 openings. A spokeswoman said the hospital has cut jobs each of the past several years after annual reviews of its operations conducted amid budget discussions.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US