BayCare moves to acquire hospital outside Tampa area
BayCare Health System, the leading healthcare player in Tampa Bay, expects to acquire another hospital for the first time since its creation 15 years ago, expanding its reach into Polk County. BayCare officials said Wednesday they plan to purchase Winter Haven Hospital. The nonprofit BayCare currently operates the St. Joseph's hospitals in Tampa, St. Anthony's in St. Petersburg and the Morton Plant Mease hospitals in mid Pinellas. BayCare controls more than a third of the hospital business in the Tampa Bay market, but Winter Haven marks its first hospital outside its core communities in Pinellas, Hillsborough and Pasco.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital