FL health system, hospitalists sign a patient care deal
Lee Memorial Health System has signed a three-year deal with a newly formed physicians group that will provide doctors who specialize in patient care in hospital settings for its four primary hospitals. Inpatient Specialists of Southwest Florida, a partnership between Nashville-based Cogent HMG and Hospitalist Group of Southwest Florida, will provide these physicians, called hospitalists. In addition to the additional control the health system gets over physicians practicing in its hospitals, Inpatient Specialists has also agreed to share in some of the financial penalties from Medicare if certain federal safety and patient satisfaction measures aren’t met.
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- The case for concierge medicine
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- HSAs: What About the Fees?