FL health system, hospitalists sign a patient care deal
Lee Memorial Health System has signed a three-year deal with a newly formed physicians group that will provide doctors who specialize in patient care in hospital settings for its four primary hospitals. Inpatient Specialists of Southwest Florida, a partnership between Nashville-based Cogent HMG and Hospitalist Group of Southwest Florida, will provide these physicians, called hospitalists. In addition to the additional control the health system gets over physicians practicing in its hospitals, Inpatient Specialists has also agreed to share in some of the financial penalties from Medicare if certain federal safety and patient satisfaction measures aren’t met.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer