Highmark offers cheaper, UPMC-free plan
Come January, Highmark Inc. is giving customers a first taste of life without UPMC. Pittsburgh-based Highmark, Pennsylvania's largest health insurer, announced on Monday some of the details of its revived Community Blue, a new version of an old, select-network insurance product line. The new version could offer premium discounts of up to 25 percent compared to plans that have full access to UPMC's hospitals and doctors, according to Highmark, although brokers are expecting a smaller discount. Most hospitals and doctors in the UPMC healthcare system, the region's largest, will be considered "out of network," however.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?