Highmark offers cheaper, UPMC-free plan
Come January, Highmark Inc. is giving customers a first taste of life without UPMC. Pittsburgh-based Highmark, Pennsylvania's largest health insurer, announced on Monday some of the details of its revived Community Blue, a new version of an old, select-network insurance product line. The new version could offer premium discounts of up to 25 percent compared to plans that have full access to UPMC's hospitals and doctors, according to Highmark, although brokers are expecting a smaller discount. Most hospitals and doctors in the UPMC healthcare system, the region's largest, will be considered "out of network," however.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care