Sarasota Memorial considers partnership to cut costs
Sarasota Memorial Hospital is in talks with Tampa Bay's BayCare Health System about a cost-cutting deal that could mean turning over business functions to the larger, 10-hospital network—including a potential loss of some Sarasota Memorial jobs. BayCare outlined the idea to the Sarasota hospital's governance committee on Sept. 4, discussing the benefits of joint ventures and economies of scale. With some 2,779 beds in Pinellas and Hillsborough counties—and with plans to acquire the 527-bed Winter Haven Hospital in Polk County—the not-for-profit network is looking to expand so it can better compete with for-profit hospital chains.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US