NCH Healthcare outsourcing 224 employees
The NCH Healthcare System is outsourcing 224 employees who work in food service and housekeeping Oct. 1, say hospital officials. NCH has signed an agreement with Sodexo, headquartered in Gaithersburg, Md., to take over the employment of 114 workers in food service and 110 employees in housekeeping, said Michele Thoman, chief nursing officer for NCH. Outsourcing the employees enables the hospital system to focus on patient care as the healthcare industry faces declining reimbursement from the federal government for Medicare, increasing overhead costs and other challenges.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor