Exeter Hospital wants freeze on legal discoveries in Hep C outbreak
Exeter Hospital is asking a superior court judge to temporarily block attorneys from using their legal powers to request documents and information about the hepatitis C outbreak at the facility. Exeter Hospital is named in 25 lawsuits filed in Rockingham Superior Court by former patients who now carry the liver disease. That includes a class-action lawsuit filed by Concord attorney Peter McGrath, whose clients now include 147 former Exeter Hospital patients. A handful have tested positive for the disease. The remainder either received a negative test result or are awaiting more information.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives