Exeter Hospital wants freeze on legal discoveries in Hep C outbreak
Exeter Hospital is asking a superior court judge to temporarily block attorneys from using their legal powers to request documents and information about the hepatitis C outbreak at the facility. Exeter Hospital is named in 25 lawsuits filed in Rockingham Superior Court by former patients who now carry the liver disease. That includes a class-action lawsuit filed by Concord attorney Peter McGrath, whose clients now include 147 former Exeter Hospital patients. A handful have tested positive for the disease. The remainder either received a negative test result or are awaiting more information.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data