Parkland hospital adds Rick Perry aide as a new VP
Parkland Memorial Hospital has hired a high-level aide to Gov. Rick Perry as its government relations vice president, three months before the 2013 legislative session begins. Katherine L. Yoder, 36, a Perry health-care policy and budget adviser, replaces the Dallas hospital's longtime top lobbyist, Jennifer Cutrer. Parkland said in a written statement late last week that Cutrer had retired, but it did not elaborate. Yoder's hire comes as Texas, led by its Health and Human Services Commission, overhauls its Medicaid program. The overhaul has caused uneasiness among some hospitals because it will impact how they are paid for treating indigent patients.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts