Opinion: Expand Medicaid
A man with a history of mental illness is arrested for murdering and mutilating his grandmother in her home in the Avenues. In the aftershock of the tragedy, family members complain that the murderer had been diagnosed with schizophrenia and had recently slipped into violent behavior, but he did not receive the inpatient treatment he needed. This is the latest in an endless line of stories recounting inadequate mental health resources in this community. But there may be a beam of light in this tunnel. It will come in the form of the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data