Wrestling with options for ID under healthcare reform
The Idaho Legislature's Health Care Task Force is hearing updates on the progress of two working groups looking into how Idaho should proceed on two "fronts" under the national health care reform law. The two "fronts" are regarding a health insurance exchange, and the expansion of Medicaid. State Insurance Director, Bill Deal, told the lawmakers that the exchange working group will hold its final meeting this Friday, and will settle on its report and recommendations to Gov. Butch Otter on how to proceed. State Health & Welfare Director, Dick Armstrong, told the task force that the Medicaid expansion group is working through three options.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data