Sherman Health Systems plans to be bought by Advocate
Sherman Health Systems in Elgin, IL has signed a letter of intent to be acquired by Advocate Health Care for an undisclosed amount. While the letter is non-binding, it reflects the two organizations' "commitment to the partnership." Sherman had considered expressions of interest from more than a dozen suitors. Advocate Health System says it is the largest health system in Illinois with 10 acute care hospitals and more than affiliated 6,000 physicians.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations