OIG work plan will examine physician practice billing
The Department of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General will focus some of its work on determining the effects of nonhospital-owned physician practices billing Medicare as hospital-based physician practices. The agency's Work Plan for Fiscal Year 2013 highlighted several new areas of concern surrounding hospitals, which are all under OIG review.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers