McKesson plans to buy PSS World Medical for $1.62 billion
McKesson Corp. agreed to acquire PSS World Medical Inc. for about $1.62 billion to expand in medical supplies and services. The offer by McKesson is 34% more than PSS World's closing share price yesterday. The deal includes the assumption of about $480 million of PSS World's debt, bringing its total value to $2.1 billion. McKesson will acquire PSS World's distribution of medical products and gain the company's $2.1 billion in annual sales.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application
- Providers Ask HHS to Address EHR Interoperability Barriers
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- 5 Digital Marketing Efforts Every Hospital Should Try
- The Drug Price Reform Debate
- 16 Medicare Advantage Plans Earn 5-Star Ratings