Hutcheson Medical Center has system-wide profit in September
Hutcheson Medical Center officials reported an overall system profit for September. September marks the first month since January 2009 that Hutcheson has reported a system-wide profit. Factors contributing to the profit included a higher hospital census, more surgeries, and an increase in emergency room patient volume. The hospital census for September was up 60 percent, total surgeries were up 32 percent, and seven percent more patients visited Hutcheson's emergency room.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US