Hutcheson Medical Center has system-wide profit in September
Hutcheson Medical Center officials reported an overall system profit for September. September marks the first month since January 2009 that Hutcheson has reported a system-wide profit. Factors contributing to the profit included a higher hospital census, more surgeries, and an increase in emergency room patient volume. The hospital census for September was up 60 percent, total surgeries were up 32 percent, and seven percent more patients visited Hutcheson's emergency room.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'