What do top hospitals have in common? Not as much as you think
The Dartmouth Atlas has already shown big variation in the amount of care doctors provide in different areas of the country. Their latest research suggests this variation is rampant among the most respected medical institutions. A study of how 23 academic medical centers provide care shows huge variations in how the very best hospitals care for their sickest patients.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'