TX fire dept joins hospital to reduce ED visits
Midland Fire Department is partnering with Midland Memorial Hospital in an attempt to lower the number of unnecessary emergency room visits. The new plan will add a physician's assistant or nurse practitioner as a part of emergency medical services. This is one of nine medical programs being developed through the Region 14 Delivery System Reform Incentive Plan—a regional health care partnership with 15 other counties.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Safety Net Executives Renew Call to Preserve DSH Payments