TX fire dept joins hospital to reduce ED visits
Midland Fire Department is partnering with Midland Memorial Hospital in an attempt to lower the number of unnecessary emergency room visits. The new plan will add a physician's assistant or nurse practitioner as a part of emergency medical services. This is one of nine medical programs being developed through the Region 14 Delivery System Reform Incentive Plan—a regional health care partnership with 15 other counties.
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- How Educated Nurses Save Money