Antitrust complaint filed against St. Luke's Health
Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center and Treasure Valley Hospital say in a federal antitrust complaint, that St. Luke's Health System is monopolizing health care in Idaho by buying up competitors. St. Luke's Health System has acquired 22 physician practices, five hospitals and four outpatient surgery centers in the past 4 years, and is "poised" to buy Idaho's largest and oldest physician practice, Saltzer Medical Group. If this acquisition goes through, competition for health care in ID and eastern OR will be "irreparably harmed," according to the complaint.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Access to EHR Notes Lauded by Patients, Providers