Antitrust complaint filed against St. Luke's Health
Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center and Treasure Valley Hospital say in a federal antitrust complaint, that St. Luke's Health System is monopolizing health care in Idaho by buying up competitors. St. Luke's Health System has acquired 22 physician practices, five hospitals and four outpatient surgery centers in the past 4 years, and is "poised" to buy Idaho's largest and oldest physician practice, Saltzer Medical Group. If this acquisition goes through, competition for health care in ID and eastern OR will be "irreparably harmed," according to the complaint.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion