HMC using big gift on integrated medicine
The Hunterdon Medical Center has received its second $1 million-plus commitment in three weeks. Linda von Thaden, will donate $1 million to kick start funding for an integrative medicine center. In late October, the hospital announced an anonymous widow plans to donate several million dollars to the hospital upon her death. HMC plans to open an integrative medicine program in 2013. HMC Foundation Vice President Christopher Sickels said integrative medicine "is very much in alignment with Hunterdon Medical Center's long-term vision, and fits into our other strategic plans to provide top healthcare to our patients."
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts