Children's Hospital tries 'crowdfunding'
UC Davis Children's Hospital in Sacramento is among those taking part in the launch of a "crowdfunded" hospital gift catalog, an Internet-based effort that raises money via small contributions from a large group of people. The national campaign is led by Fundly, which bills itself as the world's largest crowdfunding-for-good platform, and Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. The effort enables individuals to purchase medical equipment and care for children at the hospital.
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- PA hospital to pay $662,000 to settle Medicare fraud case
- Supreme Court to hear Obamacare subsidy challenge in March
- Dr. Oz gets fact-checked and the results aren't pretty
- How the high cost of medical care is affecting Americans
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic