General Dynamics gets $100M Army hospital contract
General Dynamics' IT division, which helped relocate the military's Walter Reed medical center to its new home in Bethesda, will help the Army open four new hospitals and clinics under a $100 million contract. They will outfit and help activate the Irwin Army Community Hospital at Fort Riley, KS, and move a staff of 1,200 to the hospital. The company will also equip and set up the Martin Army Community hospital in Fort Benning, GA.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream