America's stunningly overpriced healthcare system in 2 charts
It's no secret that the U.S. spends a crippling amount of money on healthcare. Here's some global perspective from Credit Suisse in two charts. The first shows healthcare spending as a share of GDP. It's not hard to find the U.S. The second chart is a bit more damning. It shows that the branded drugs Americans get are available for around half price across Europe.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- 2015 HIX Premium Hikes May Top 7%