Healthcare sector tops list of most trusted professions
Medical professionals are some of the most trusted people in the U.S., according to new data from Gallup. The polling firm asked respondents to rate the "honesty and ethical standards" of various professions, and the top of the list is full of healthcare professionals. Nurses polled the best, with 85 percent saying they have high or very high ethical standards. They were followed by pharmacists (75 percent high or very high) and doctors (70 percent). Also among the top 10 most-trusted professions were dentists, psychiatrists and chiropractors.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs