Vote delayed on oversight of UMC
A decision on the future of University Medical Center will wait. Clark County commissioners on Wednesday, facing an important vote on whether to ask the Legislature for permission to turn over hospital oversight to a full-time board, decided to revise a bill draft proposal and bring it back in two weeks. The decision came amid concerns that the draft included language that would allow the hospital board to sell the hospital and its facilities, although UMC CEO Brian Brannman told commissioners that was not the intent.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- These Algorithms Reduce Readmissions
- Payer Calls for More Primary Care Docs, Team Care