Mercy Hospital: Potential buyer wasn't misled
Executives of Mercy Health System of Maine deny that they misled the Massachusetts company that negotiated to buy the hospital group in Greater Portland before the talks ended abruptly on Friday. Mercy officials responded Tuesday to a report in The Boston Globe that said Steward Health Care System "unilaterally withdrew" from talks because the Catholic nonprofit organization misrepresented the condition of its finances and operations.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'