Mercy Hospital: Potential buyer wasn't misled
Executives of Mercy Health System of Maine deny that they misled the Massachusetts company that negotiated to buy the hospital group in Greater Portland before the talks ended abruptly on Friday. Mercy officials responded Tuesday to a report in The Boston Globe that said Steward Health Care System "unilaterally withdrew" from talks because the Catholic nonprofit organization misrepresented the condition of its finances and operations.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer