A hospital invests in more than new buildings
Dominic Robinson is the founder of a community organization called the Northside Urban Partnership, or Northside UP. He chose to meet at this spot to point out the buildings across the street from the hospital, the Prospect Hill Homes. Now many hospital workers enjoy the short commute living in the neighborhood provides. Money from St. Joseph's Hospital helped fund the construction of the new homes. The hospital also helps support Robinson's Northside UP initiative. The 140 year-old Catholic hospital estimates its annual economic impact on Syracuse to be $863 million.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients