Florida Heart Group sells to Florida Hospital
Adding to the growing trend toward hospitals acquiring physician practices, Florida Hospital announced Monday that its medical group has purchased one of the region's largest cardiology practices. Florida Heart Group's 19 cardiologists and 125 workers became employees of Florida Hospital on Jan. 1. Florida Hospital President Lars Houmann would not disclose how much the non-profit hospital system paid for the practice but said such acquisitions were "essential to our strategy," and added that the region's largest multi-hospital system was looking to acquire more groups.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Transforming Cancer Care
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions