Nurse with no flu shot refuses to wear mask, is fired
A nurse who refused to wear a surgical mask after receiving an exemption from a mandatory flu vaccination was fired for violating her hospital's policy. Carla Brock, a board-certified holistic nurse who has worked 11 years at Cox South Hospital here, said she is speaking out because she believes her hospital's new requirement to wear a mask if a staffer opts out of the flu vaccine amounts to a scarlet letter. CoxHealth, which owns four hospitals in southwest Missouri and northwest Arkansas, says it simply is putting the patient first.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus