Aetna, Texas Health Resources establish ACO
Arlington-based Texas Health Resources has established its second accountable care organization with a commercial insurer in as many weeks. Tuesday, THR said it had reached agreement with Aetna to create an ACO in the Dallas-Fort Worth area to raise the quality of care and lower the cost. Tuesday's announcement did not mention a number, but a spokesman said the ACO would initially involve about 21,000 members and could double in size in a year. It will launch sometime this year.
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?
- Hospitals and doctors fail patients by passing the buck on insurance rules
- A new way insurers are shifting costs to the sick
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch