Cerner, McKesson cooperating for HIE, interoperability's sake?
Two of the largest vendors of electronic health records products are in discussions to make their EHR patient data exchange interoperable—a deal which, if completed, would potentially present a shift in the entire interoperable landscape for hospitals, physicians and patients. Cerner Corp. and McKesson Corp. are working on a joint agreement to enable cross-vendor, national health information exchange, say sources with some knowledge of an impending deal between the two vendors.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream