MD's healthcare experiment: An insurance co-op
Ken Ulman knows the value of health insurance: His brother Doug, the chief executive officer of the Livestrong Foundation, beat cancer three times because he had coverage, Ulman says. That's a big reason Ulman's tried to expand access to medical care as county executive of Maryland's Howard County, just south of Baltimore. It's required some innovation.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?