IL health system hires executive from troubled Dallas hospital
The head of Cook County's public health system has hired a new top-level executive who resigned last year from a public hospital in Dallas that the federal government determined was a "serious threat to patient health and safety." Dr. John Jay Shannon was hired to a new $400,000-a-year post that includes overseeing operations at Stroger Hospital and ensuring quality and patient safety throughout the Health and Hospitals System as part of a reorganization.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer