Obamacare is winning
On Wednesday, Florida's Rick Scott became the seventh Republican governor to accept Obamacare's Medicaid expansion. His reversal was particularly important because Scott, a tea party-backed former hospital executive who won election in 2010 in large part due to his opposition to Obamacare, had sworn to reject the Medicaid dollars. In conducting a complete about-face, he created a template for other Republican governors who excitedly said no to the money before the election to reevaluate in light of Obama's win.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream