CA hospital CEO's pay stands out
Palomar Health CEO Michael Covert is certainly a standout in the State Controller's Office online database disclosing pay for local government employees. His pay eclipses almost all of the 740,000 employees statewide whose compensation is reported. Almost. With a new batch of data just uploaded for 2011, Covert's taxable wages ranked No. 2—for the third year running. The database was launched in 2010 in response to the outsize pay scandal involving the city administrator for the Los Angeles suburb of Bell, Robert Rizzo. Covert came in just below Rizzo for 2009 wages.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion