CA hospital CEO's pay stands out
Palomar Health CEO Michael Covert is certainly a standout in the State Controller's Office online database disclosing pay for local government employees. His pay eclipses almost all of the 740,000 employees statewide whose compensation is reported. Almost. With a new batch of data just uploaded for 2011, Covert's taxable wages ranked No. 2—for the third year running. The database was launched in 2010 in response to the outsize pay scandal involving the city administrator for the Los Angeles suburb of Bell, Robert Rizzo. Covert came in just below Rizzo for 2009 wages.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer