CA hospital CEO's pay stands out
Palomar Health CEO Michael Covert is certainly a standout in the State Controller's Office online database disclosing pay for local government employees. His pay eclipses almost all of the 740,000 employees statewide whose compensation is reported. Almost. With a new batch of data just uploaded for 2011, Covert's taxable wages ranked No. 2—for the third year running. The database was launched in 2010 in response to the outsize pay scandal involving the city administrator for the Los Angeles suburb of Bell, Robert Rizzo. Covert came in just below Rizzo for 2009 wages.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts