Jackson Health CEO donates bonus to Women's Hospital
Jackson Health System CEO and president Carlos Migoya has donated his $160,000 bonus to support renovations of Jackson Women's Hospital. The money will go toward the $20 million fundraising goal for the project. Renovations are intended to "modernize" the hospital with upgrades including private suites for family visits. Migoya, who has been CEO since 2011, has a son who was born at Jackson 35 years ago. The boy weighed 1 pound at birth and was in severe medical danger.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals