MaineHealth nears deal with NH hospital
PORTLAND, Maine — MaineHealth, the parent organization of Maine Medical Center in Portland, announced plans Monday to add its first out-of-state hospital to its system of health care facilities. The MaineHealth board of trustees last week approved a membership agreement with the North Conway, N.H.,-based Memorial Hospital after nearly 18 months of talks between the organizations. The addition of a New Hampshire institution to one of Maine's largest health care networks is the latest in a string of new hospital alliances across the state's medical landscape, as health care providers gravitate toward partnerships in an effort to create efficiencies and save money.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013