Catholic Health East, Trinity Health merger completed
Catholic Health East and Trinity Health completed their previously announced merger, creating one of the nation's largest Catholic health systems. The new organization — as of now unnamed — will be based in Livonia, Mich., home of Trinity, while maintaining a divisional office presence in Newtown Square, Pa., home of Catholic Health East.The combined health-care system will have facilities in 21 states, combined annual operating revenues of about $13.3 billion and assets of about $19.3 billion, and provide almost $1 billion a year in charity care and other community benefit programs.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics