Sutter deal transfers East Bay hospital
Alameda Health System of Oakland says it has signed a letter of intent with Sacramento's Sutter Health to take over Sutter's San Leandro Hospital. San Leandro Hospital is a 93-bed facility, part of the Sutter Health Eden Medical Center campus in San Leandro. AHS said the proposed transfer depends on both parties developing a definitive agreement by July 1. That agreement would then be submitted to the AHS board for approval. AHS officials hope to conclude the transaction this fall. AHS said the letter of intent stipulates that Sutter Health will establish and fund a community trust that can be used by AHS to support the operations of San Leandro Hospital.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Payer Calls for More Primary Care Docs, Team Care
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- These Algorithms Reduce Readmissions
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Open Payments Site Launches to User Complaints